This is a brief list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to ask your question if it is not answered here via our contact page.
- Some basic usage information including navigation Hot Keys is provided at this page.
Can I download Tanzil into my computer?
- A Quranic desktop application with similar features can be downloaded from our sister project, zekr.org. More options are available here.
Is there any mobile version of Tanzil?
- Tanzil Quran Navigator fully works on iPhone and BlackBerry using their default browsers. Other mobile applications equipped with Tanzil Quran text can be found here.
How can I get back to the same aya I was reading in my last visit?
- Simply bookmark http://tanzil.net/ in your browser (without any trailing numbers after # sign in the url). Tanzil will automatically redirect you to the last aya visited.
- Yes. Each page in Tanzil has a unique url, which can be found in the URL bar of your browser. More information is available here.
Can I bookmark the current aya I am reading for later reference?
- Sure. Each aya in Tanzil has a unique url, so you can use the default bookmarking system of your browser to bookmark the current aya.
Sound & Recitations
- You need to have Flash Player installed on your browser. Also make sure that no add-on like Flashblock has blocked the Flash player.
Is there any option for "repeating" ayas?
- Yes. You can set how many times each aya to be recited by clicking on the number right after the reciters list in the Recitation menu.
Can I use browser's native HTML5 audio instead of Flash player?
- If Flash player is not installed on your browser, Tanzil automatically switches to using HTML5 audio if it is supported by your browser.
Can I download mp3 files separately?
- You can download audio files either verse by verse from versebyversequran.com, or sura by sura from various resources like mp3quran.net.
Can I suggest a new Quran recitation or audio translation to be added to Tanzil?
- If you have access to a high-quality Quran recitation or audio translation, you can help us add it to Tanzil using the instructions provided in this page.
How accurate is Tanzil Quran text?
- Tanzil Quran text is carefully derived from Medina Mushaf, which is currently the most authentic copy of the holy Quran (narration of Hafs). See more information on this page.
Why Tanzil Quran text is slightly different from my printed copy?
- The default Quran text displayed in Tanzil is in Imlaaei (simple) script which is easier to read on browsers. You can however switch to Uthmani script from Quran menu on the left of the page.
I can't see Quran text properly on my browser. Any solution?
- Tanzil uses font embedding techniques to display Quran text properly. If your browser does not support these techniques, you need to install a suitable Quranic font.
Why some Kasra's are displayed like Fatha?
- The combination of Kasra+Shadda is displayed ambiguously in some Arabic fonts. See more information at this page.
Can I download Quran translations from Tanzil?
- Yes. All Quran translations available in tanzil are provided for download in various formats at our Translations Repository.
Are all Quran translations provided in Tanzil authentic?
- We have tried to provide a set of mostly acceptable Quran translations here, but we cannot guarantee their authenticity and/or accuracy. Please use them at your own discretion. More information about the translators can be found at this page.
Can I suggest a particular Quran translation to be added to Tanzil?
- Sure. If you are aware of any authentic Quran translation which is not included in our project, you can help us add it to Tanzil by sending us the translation text according to the format described here.
How can I get a list of ayas containing a specific word?
- Simply enter the word in the Search box on the left side of Tanzil Quran Navigator. See our Search Tips for more information.
I do not have Arabic keyboard. How can I enter Arabic words in the search box?
- You can use online tools available, such as Google Arabic Transliteration.
Can I search in the translations as well?
- Currently no. This feature will be enabled in the near future.
Who is behind Tanzil project?
- Tanzil is an independent international project, and does not belong to any sect, organization, or country. You can see the list of contributors at this page.
What does Tanzil mean?
- Tanzil (Arabic: تنزيل) means "to send down". In Quranic terminology, it refers to the process by which divine message (the holy Quran) comes to the heart of the messenger.
Is this project financially supported by any organization?
- No. All work done on Tanzil project is voluntary. Our server and bandwidth expenses are covered by donations we receive.
How may I contribute to the project?
- There are several ways to contribute to the Tanzil project. Click here for more information.
I want to develop a Quranic website/application. Can I use your resources?
- Sure. We have provided all resources used in Tanzil in our resources page. Our navigator's source code is not available though, as it is still in experimental phase.
- Yes. You can find the instructions at this page.
I have a question about Quran/Islam. Where can I find the answer?
- Please contact an Islamic scholar. You can find a proper person to consult with by a simple search on the web.
Can I access Hadith online?
- There are several websites providing Hadith. You can for example try this one.